By Roustem N. Miftahof, Hong Gil Nam
The complexity of human uterine functionality and rules is among the nice wonders of nature and represents a frightening problem to solve. This ebook is devoted to the biomechanical modeling of the gravid human uterus and offers an instance of the appliance of the mechanics of solids and the idea of sentimental shells to discover scientific difficulties of work and supply. After a quick assessment of the anatomy, body structure and biomechanics of the uterus, the authors concentration frequently on electromechanical wave methods, their starting place, dynamics, and neuroendocrine and pharmacological modulations. within the final bankruptcy purposes, pitfalls and difficulties on the topic of modeling and computing device simulations of the pregnant uterus and pelvic ground constructions are mentioned. a set of routines is additional on the finish of every bankruptcy to assist readers with self-evaluation.
The publication serves as a useful resource of knowledge for researchers, teachers and complicated undergraduate and graduate scholars attracted to platforms biology, utilized arithmetic and biomedical engineering.
Read or Download Biomechanics of the Gravid Human Uterus PDF
Best bioinformatics books
Bioinformatics is contributing to a couple of an important advances in drugs and biology. on the vanguard of this interesting new topic are strategies referred to as man made intelligence that are encouraged incidentally within which nature solves the issues it faces. This e-book offers a different perception into the advanced difficulties of bioinformatics and the cutting edge options which make up 'intelligent bioinformatics'.
Mostindustrialbiotechnologicalprocessesareoperatedempirically. Oneofthe significant di? culties of employing complex keep an eye on theories is the hugely nonlinear nature of the methods. This publication examines ways in response to arti? cial intelligencemethods,inparticular,geneticalgorithmsandneuralnetworks,for tracking, modelling and optimization of fed-batch fermentation approaches.
The appliance of computational ways to DNA and protein technology is the latest and most fun new improvement in biology. "Bioinformatics: series and Genome research" is a finished sensible and theoretical creation to this new self-discipline. series alignment, constitution prediction, phylogenetic and gene prediction, database looking, and genome research are amply defined and illustrated.
This e-book constitutes the completely refereed post-conferenceproceedings of the tenth foreign assembly on ComputationalIntelligence tools for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, CIBB 2013, held in great, France in June 2013. the nineteen revised complete papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed andselected from 35 submissions.
- America Identified: Biometric Technology and Society
- Grammars for Language and Genes: Theoretical and Empirical Investigations
- Bioinformatics: A Practical Guide to the Analysis of Genes and Proteins Second Edition (Methods of Biochemical Analysis)
- Structural Bioinformatics : An Algorithmic Approach
- Modified Nucleic Acids
- Medical Biotechnology
Additional info for Biomechanics of the Gravid Human Uterus
2002; Price and Bernal 2001; Yuan and Bernal 2007). Progesterone and adrenaline stimulate PKA via the cAMP-dependent pathway. PKA further phosphorylates MLCK and hence, attenuates its affinity for the Ca2+–calmodulin complex resulting, finally, in dissociation of the actin–myosin complexes. The protein also promotes desensitization of Gaq receptors, decreases gap junction permeability, and inhibits the phospholipase C pathway with a cumulative effect of myometrial relaxation (Price and Bernal 2001; Yuan and Bernal 2007).
3. Slow wave electrical activity is an intrinsic phenomenon and has been observed in smooth muscle cells of the small intestine, colon, trachea, etc. It provides stability for the propagation of excitation and the coordination of motility. What are physiological bases for oscillatory activity in the human myometrium?. 4. The question of the “pacemaker”, its morphological identity, electrophysiological properties and function has always captivated biologists. Pacemaker cells have not yet been found in the human uterus, although experiments and clinical data demonstrate that the excitation normally originates at the uterotubal junctions.
13) where Pn is the internal amniotic fluid pressure, r1 ; r2 ; f and c are geometric parameters, lf and ly are the stretch ratios, and Nf and Ny are the in-plane forces per unit length in the longitudinal and circumferential directions, respectively. 15) The lower segment and the apex of the uterus were clamped and the organ maintained axial symmetry throughout. The effect of physical nonlinearities and the initial configuration on intrauterine pressure and volume were analyzed. Weiss et al.